Kdevelop 2.0 and SuSE 8.0

Alfredo Cole alfredo at clshonduras.com
Thu Nov 7 01:30:50 GMT 2002

El Mié 06 Nov 2002 16:12, escribió:
> Alfredo,
> you need to try to do a make distclean first. Then regenerate all your
> Makefile.am files for your project. This is a well hidden feature
> unfortunately. From the fileview (left toolview) right click and do a
> "Update all Makefile.am".
> Then rebuild everuthing from scratch.
> If this does not work there is a problem with one of the Makefile.am,
> which you need to find and fix.
> Also check your configure.in file for problems.
>
> Hope this helps
> Roland

Roland:

I was not aware of this feature; I tried it, and did a make dist clean (which
I had tried before). I had to create a project from scratch to get this thing
to work, though. I also downloaded, compiled and installed Kdevelop 2.1. It
complained about me not having autoconf 2.52, so I went ahead and reinstalled
the SuSE rpm. It managed to rebuild all makefiles, and got to the point that
it would start compiling my project (finally). However, there were many
warnings and the compilation failed.

So, what I have done is pull out my copy of C-Forge, and copied all my sources
to another newly created project. It compiles correctly and at least I'm able
to continue development. I would like to fix the problem with Kdevelop,
though, because another programmer, who is helping me, is using SuSE 7.2 and
working with Kdevelop 2.0 without any problems.

I will keep trying, and let you know how it turns out.

Thank you and regards.

--
Alfredo J. Cole
http://www.acyc.com