CTags usage

Michel Hubert mhubert at matrox.com
Fri Nov 1 16:30:06 GMT 2002

Hello,

I have some troubles with CTags & KDevelop.

I am using:
Ret Hat 8.0
KDevelop v.2.1-3
ctags 5.4-1

When opening a new project, KDevelop tells me there are no tags so I let
it generate them.  The tags file is generated without errors in my
project directory.

Then I load the Tags file: Project->Load Tags file.  Here are the output
messages:

grep: */.deps/*.P: No such file or directory
grep: */.deps/*.Po: No such file or directory
grep: */.deps/*.Plo: No such file or directory
1343 files, 633933 lines (22004 kB) scanned in 5.5 seconds (4000 kB/s)
66688 tags added to tag file
*** success ***

Then I click the "Declaration/Definition" button while the cursor is on
a symbol and nothing happens... Same thing if I assign shortcuts keys to
these functions...

What am I doing wrong / missing ?

Thank you !

Michel