kdevelop seraching for Kate

James Thorniley james.thorniley at ntlworld.com
Fri May 24 09:32:37 BST 2002

>From kdevelop mailing list

On Friday 24 May 2002 1:26 am, Ajay Guleria wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I compiled kdevelop and gideon from the latest sources with
> 	configure --prefix=$HOME/kdevelop  #since I cannot be root in my
> environment make
> 	make install
>
> When I run kdevelop, it exits with a message that "Kate" was not found. I
> can see kate under /usr/bin. I have KDE3.0.0 installed on my machine. I
> have tried setting paths and library paths but it didn't help. Can someone
> tell me what's wrong?

The problem appears to lie in in the file docviewman.cpp, editing line 71 to
read

	(KLibLoader::self()->factory("libkatepart"));

(as opposed to factory("katepart"))

and recompiling appears to do the trick. Or if you can remember the CVS
command switching this file to revision 1.7 (instead of 1.8, the latest) does
exactly the same thing. I'm not sure however, if this is the ultimate
solution: looking at the CVS logs, revision 1.7 to 1.8 is nothing other than
changing this line from libkatepart, as it was, to katepart, and I can't help
but feel the developer must have had a reason for doing this ;)

Regards,
James