kdevelop seraching for Kate

Ajay Guleria Ajay.Guleria at synopsys.com
Fri May 24 01:26:16 BST 2002

Hi,

I compiled kdevelop and gideon from the latest sources with
	configure --prefix=$HOME/kdevelop  #since I cannot be root in my environment
	make
	make install

When I run kdevelop, it exits with a message that "Kate" was not found. I can
see kate under /usr/bin. I have KDE3.0.0 installed on my machine. I have
tried setting paths and library paths but it didn't help. Can someone tell me
what's wrong?

Also, when I run gideon, a very small window with a file and help menu shows
up. Is that the way it is supposed to be?

Thanks for help in advance

-Ajay