FYI: Recent interview with Murray

Tamas Nagy nagytam at web.de
Fri May 24 10:25:34 BST 2002

The full interview is available at
http://www.linuxorbit.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=printpage&artid=527

Some interesting part:
"
Christian: Do looking ahead, what are the future directions of gtkmm and gnomemm?

Murray: For the future, we need to work on more Rapid Application Development stuff. The idea should be to add convenience without adding complication or straying from existing standards.

When GNOME's Anjuta2 is released, and when I can easily install KDevelop for KDE3, we need to add helper features for gtkmm.

We need to add things such as:

Application-creation wizards so people can get started quickly.
An "Add a signal handler for this widget to this class" feature
An "Add a member variable for this Glade widget to this container class" feature.
A widget creation wizard.
A Bonobo control creation wizard.

These IDEs should already have standard C++ features such as

Add a class, deriving from this widget class.
Add a method to this class.
Override this method in this class.

We should then have all the functionality of Visual C++, but without requiring the same IDE for future editing or building of the code. It's possible to have those features without the insanity.
"

Best regards,
Tamas