Conditional Compilation

Anthony Moulen ajmoulen at moulen.org
Fri May 3 21:07:10 BST 2002

Hello,

I am working with another developer to convert a KDE 2.0 project to a KDE 3.0
project.  As part of this process we would like to use kdevelop to do
development going forward and would like setup the configure options through
kdevelop.  I have looked through the archives and through the documentation
that comes with Kdevelop but can not find how to add compilation flags based
on library checks.  For instance, I want to check if noatun exists, and if it
does compile stuff in with a define of HAVE_NOATUN, there is also a check for
HAVE_SMPEG and HAVE_XMMS. Each of these is based on a check for the
appropriate library and then the system is conditionally compiled.

Is there anyway to do this? I know how to add the linking for the additional
libraries (with the assumption they are all there) but not how to add them
conditional on their existence.

Is it possible to define such conditions through kdevelop?  Even if they are
just put into a file that gets merged on build that would be fine with me so
that most of the setup is controlled via kdevelop to keep things ordered
would be nice.

Thanks.
- Anthony