KDevelop/autoconf and _LDADD

Michael Edwardes Michael.Edwardes at students.dmu.ac.uk
Thu Mar 14 13:37:05 GMT 2002

Hi all,

Im writing an application that has several sub directories containing
grouped code.  The tree as is follows, (skipping the icons etc
directories):

kmymoney2
- dialogs
- mymoney
- widgets

The Makefile.am in kmymoney2/Makefile.am contains the following LDADD
section:

kmymoney2_LDADD   = ./mymoney/libmymoney.a ./dialogs/libdialogs.a
/widgets/libwidgets.a ./views/libviews.a  $(LIB_KFILE) $(LIB_KHTML)
$(LIB_KDEUI) $(LIB_KDECORE) $(LIB_QT) $(LIBSOCKET)

The link order is wrong because we get undefined symbols when compiling
the dialogs because the dialogs use the widgets.  We 'fixed' the problem

by redefining kmymoney2_LDADD further down after the kdevelop part in
the Makefile.am and everything worked ok.

I recently upgraded to autoconf-2.5 so I can compile KDE 3 and autoconf

now complains about 2 LDADD declarations.

So to fix this properly I now want to be able to tell kdevelop to put
the entries in a certain order but cannot work out how to do this, ive
looked at the .kdevprj but can't see anything to help me?

Thanks for any help,

Michael