KDevelop + GCC 3.0.4 ???

Tarjei Knapstad tarjeik at chemcon.no
Thu Mar 7 17:43:16 GMT 2002

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Pietro Mele wrote:

> Thankyou Tarjei.
>
> One more question:
>
> I installed gcc3.0.4 in a separate directory (/usr/local/gcc304/)
> to be able to substitute it quickly.
> I also specified that in /etc/profile.
> Do you know how can I force Kdevelop to use the compiler in the
> new directory instead of the old one? (Consider that I got this
> result already from the command line).

Uhm, I'm not quite sure what you mean.

When bash tries to run an executable, it searches the directories in
the PATH variable, and runs the first match. So
export PATH=/usr/local/gcc304/bin:$PATH
would insert that directory in front of everything else, and bash (and
kdevelop for that matter) will allways run /usr/loca/gcc304/bin/g++

The same rule applies to library paths.

Does this answer your question? (which I didn't quite understand... :)

--
Tarjei Knapstad, MSc