KDevelop + GCC 3.0.4 ???

Tarjei Knapstad tarjeik at chemcon.no
Thu Mar 7 16:37:51 GMT 2002

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Pietro Mele wrote:

> I would like K-Develop (2.0) to use a different C++ compiler.
> I think the one used by default is gcc 2.96.
> I would like it to use gcc 3.0.4.
>
> I have gcc3.0.4 working on my computer, I tested it from the
> command line, I SET THE PATH correctly in /etc/profile.
> I noted that everything is all right in the following case:
>
>    g++ filename.cxx
>
> even if I cannot compile it if I do this:
>
>    gcc filename.cxx

Well, you cannot use the C compiler to compile C++. You must use the C++
frontend (c++ or g++ which are the same)

> How can I convince KDevelop that it had better use the new release
> of gcc?

Well, I've got g++ 3.0.4 and qt 3.0.2 residing in /usr/local and have put
the following in my $HOME/.bash_profile :

export PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/lib/qt/bin:$PATH

and I've added the library paths to /etc/ld.so.conf (remember to rerun
ldconfig) and it works flawlessly...

--
Tarjei Knapstad, MSc
Head of Software Development

ChemCon AS
Professor Brochs vei 6 		   Phone: +47 73 54 03 73
7030 Trondheim                     Fax:   +47 73 94 38 61
Norway				   Email: tarjei at chemcon.no