Commercial Use of KDevelop

August Hörandl august.hoerandl at gmx.at
Wed Mar 6 20:00:32 GMT 2002

Tarjei Knapstad wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, August Hörandl wrote:
> > maybe we should add this to the FAQ or to the README
> >
> Well, in my opinion this is general copyright/copyleft stuff which is
> covered in detail elsewhere (like
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/licenses.html) so I don't really agree that it
> belongs in the KDevelop FAQ.

i disagree:
kdevelop "writes" code and/or supplies templates - if this templates are
under the gpl no one can use it with non gpl software because it would
be
derived work

so it should be written somewhere that the generated code isn't
protected
by the gpl - like my example with bison:

/* As a special exception, when this file is copied by Bison into a
   Bison output file, you may use that output file without restriction.
   This special exception was added by the Free Software Foundation
   in version 1.24 of Bison.  */

Gustl

--
august.hoerandl at gmx.at          |   This article ends here.
August Hörandl                  |   Continue reading ?