Commercial Use of KDevelop

Tarjei Knapstad tarjeik at chemcon.no
Wed Mar 6 15:11:04 GMT 2002

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, August Hörandl wrote:

> georg.koller at mikom.com wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > is it possible to use KDevelop for writing commercial software ?

Yes.

The products you get from using a tool are entirely your own, and you can
license them as you please.

> maybe we should add this to the FAQ or to the README

Well, in my opinion this is general copyright/copyleft stuff which is
covered in detail elsewhere (like
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/licenses.html) so I don't really agree that it
belongs in the KDevelop FAQ.

But if this question pops up a lot, then why not. FAQ's are there to avoid
repeated questions...

--
Tarjei Knapstad, MSc
Head of Software Development

ChemCon AS
Professor Brochs vei 6 		   Phone: +47 73 54 03 73
7030 Trondheim                     Fax:   +47 73 94 38 61
Norway				   Email: tarjei at chemcon.no