Unable to debugg

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 11 19:32:34 BST 2002

There were some problems with the debugger on older KDE (pre 3.0)
systems. First check whether there is a zombie process of gdb is still
running somewhere.

What used to be a problem for me was that I could debug an application
about 4 or 5 times and then debugging would not work any longer. I have
to stop KDevelop, check for zombie processes (use pstree -u $USER),
kill them off and restart.

This problem has actually gone away with KDE-3.0.1.

Good luck
Roland