RPM builds under Kdevelop 2.0.2 (solution)

W. Tasin tasin at fhm.edu
Wed Jan 30 11:55:41 GMT 2002

Hi Tim,

Tim Brodie wrote:

>Steven Suson wrote:
>
>>In cases like this, I create a scratch project of the same type, and check out
>>what's there...
>>

>There were actually two issues to solve this problem:
>
>a) in the Makefile.am file in the project root directory, the line
>EXTRA_DIST= admin
>was missing just prior to the dist-hook: target.  When this was
>added, then the tgz built just fine.

as mentioned in my last mail... I don't think that admin should be
inside a tarball...

>b) To get RPM to build correctly, the line:
>make -f admin/Makefile.common cvs
>had to be added in the project template spec file in the %setup
>section.  Then the rest of the package would build ok.
>
>Actually, the best thing to do would be to change the kdevelop
>templates to include this?  Unless there is another reason why
>this wouldn't be practical.

so a call like "make -f admin/...." wouldn't be possible.
The admin dir is only necessary if you want the user of your application
(from the tarball), should modify your sources like a developer of your
application (e.g. adding sourcefiles to it, etc.).

As long as KDevelop uses "make dist" and not "make cvs-clean" and "tar
cvzf ..." this principle shouldn't change...

>Suggested patch:*** /usr/share/apps/kdevelop/template-kde.spec  Sun Jan
>--- template-kde.spec   Tue Jan 29 19:12:57 2002
>***************
>*** 19,24 ****
>--- 19,25 ----
>
>  %prep
>  %setup
>+ make -f admin/Makefile.common cvs

I still don't think that there is the need to patch the spec file...
but if it were, so you should use
make -f Makefile.dist

give the developer the possibility to have a project dependant hook
(e.g. for messages).

>  CFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS" CXXFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS" ./configure \
>                  %%config%% \
>                  $LOCALFLAGS
>

>Regards... Tim
>
>--