RPM builds under Kdevelop 2.0.2

Tim Brodie tbrodie at displayworksinc.com
Tue Jan 29 19:23:47 GMT 2002

Steven Suson wrote:
> Greetings Tim,
>
>     Being greatly familiar with building RPM's (at a minimum, 100s),
> here's the methodology I use:
>
> I copy one or more of the spec file templates from
> $KDEDIR/share/apps/kdevelop into my home directory, and tailor them to my
> needs / preferences.
>
> When I am ready to roll my RPM, I select Project->Make
> Distribution->Configure RPM Package. This brings up what used to be the kpp
>
> package dialog. Here I can select my template; I select one of those that I
>
> have in my home directory, and fill in the information in the dialog, and
> save it. Typically, then, I use XEmacs (due to its wonderful spec file
> mode) to tweak the spec file out to my standards.
>
> I then do the following in the order indicated:
>     Build->Distclean
>     Build->Autoconf and Automake
>     Build->Configure
>     Project->Make Distribution->Source tgz (SIDE NOTE: when will KDevelop
>        support bz2?)
>
> Following this, I become root, and copy the tarball and spec file into the
> /usr/src/redhat RPM directories, and build the RPM.

Thanks, it really does help!  I've been looking for kpp since the link
on the kdevelop page is broken, only to be confirmed it was integrated
into kdevelop.  Super.  :-)

Right now, when I get to the making of the source tgz, there is an
error: "Can't open perl script "admin/am_edit": No such file or
directory"
It appears as though the admin directory isn't picked up as the
tool builds the appname-0.1 staging directory.  How best to fix
that?

Thanks so much.

--
Tim Brodie