RPM builds under Kdevelop 2.0.2

Steven Suson suson at TuckerEnergy.com
Tue Jan 29 19:00:16 GMT 2002

Greetings Tim,

    Being greatly familiar with building RPM's (at a minimum, 100s),
here's the methodology I use:

I copy one or more of the spec file templates from
$KDEDIR/share/apps/kdevelop into my home directory, and tailor them to my
needs / preferences.

When I am ready to roll my RPM, I select Project->Make
Distribution->Configure RPM Package. This brings up what used to be the kpp

package dialog. Here I can select my template; I select one of those that I

have in my home directory, and fill in the information in the dialog, and
save it. Typically, then, I use XEmacs (due to its wonderful spec file
mode) to tweak the spec file out to my standards.

I then do the following in the order indicated:
    Build->Distclean
    Build->Autoconf and Automake
    Build->Configure
    Project->Make Distribution->Source tgz (SIDE NOTE: when will KDevelop
       support bz2?)

Following this, I become root, and copy the tarball and spec file into the
/usr/src/redhat RPM directories, and build the RPM.

Hope this helps,
Steve
"Keep the faith."