Problems compiling with CVS build

John Dubchak johndubchak at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 19 14:51:53 GMT 2002

Harald,

Thanks for the reply, I'm hoping you can help clarify
things for me a bit.

Firstly, KDevelop gets installed in /opt/kde2.  But
the libraries get installed in /usr/lib/kde2.  And QT
is installed in either:

/usr/share/doc/qt-2.3.1
/usr/lib/qt-2.3.1

Therefore, should I use the instructions on the web
as:

$ export KDEDIR=/opt/kde2
$ export KDELIBDIR=/usr/lib/kde2
$ export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-2.3.1
$ export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR:$KDELIBDIR:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
$ export PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$KDEDIR/bin:$PATH

Secondly, what does the make install command do?
Should I expect it to update the KDE menu's at all?

Lastly, given a successful installation, how should I
start KDevelop?  Command line or menu?

Thanks so much for your help.
John