Problems compiling with CVS build

John Dubchak johndubchak at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 19 07:06:39 GMT 2002

Hi,

In an effort to get rid of one bug (garbage characters
in the output window) I've come across a stranger
problem.

When I compile my project it succeeds EVERYTIME, even
if I have completely obvious syntax errors in it.

I downloaded the latest CVS source for KDevelop
(version 2.1 I think) and built the project.

When I performed the make install step as root, after
following the instructions on the website, it didn't
seem to install correctly because I have to start the
IDE from a command line as opposed to a menu item off
the KDE start menu.

The IDE seems to start fine, except for the fact that
there are no more graphics and I cannot generate a new
project.  So I have to conclude that the installation
failed.  Also, the compiler does not find and report
failures based on bad syntax.

For example, the following code does not create an
error in the IDE when I compile it:

int main(void)
{
  int i =