apache server

Ken Schrock schrockk at win2linux.net
Wed Jan 16 01:13:57 GMT 2002

It doesn't like http://localhost because it is not a fully qualified hostname
(there is no domain, try http://localhost.localdomain
 Another way around that is the make sure it is in /etc/hosts and right
  127.0.0.1	localhost.localdomain	localhost
    http://localhost will then work)

It doesn't work for your IP address now as it has set itself up at localhost
(if it works for 127.0.0.1 it ain't gonna work with 192.168.10.155
 It can't be both, at least not with the default Apache config
  [you can do this by turning on Virtual Hosting] )

The full fix for your problem is to change the Apache config file
And set the server name field properly

First make sure your machine has a proper entry in /etc/hosts
Then go to /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf and set the Server Name variable
That should fix you up