Versions of KDevelop

Julian Rockey linux at jrockey.com
Tue Jan 15 18:09:30 GMT 2002

> There are two development branches, one is KDevelop-2.2alpha which is
> only available through cvs, the second one is KDevelop-3alpha. The
> latter is also known as "gideon" which is a codename that allows for
> parallel development.

So I am right in thinking that KDevelop has forked into two development
branches (KDevelop 2.x and KDevelop 3 codename Gideon), and different groups
are continuing to add features to both?

As far as I can see the "Downloads" section on kdevelop.org does not mention
the Gideon branch. Details of this fork - reasons behind it, etc. - is what I
could not find on the web site.
Julian