-O1 instead of -O2

Franco De Angelis fda at ied.eng.unipr.it
Mon Jan 7 18:21:00 GMT 2002

Hello Walter,

> "Perche' continuano a costruire.... e cosi' la seconda storia che vi
> voglio raccontare: " (A. Celentano)

are you suggesting that we could switch the conversation to Italian? :-)
Feel free to write me privately! :-)

> even the --enable-debug switch won't work anymore using your solution.
> For your problem with c-projects you also need a special "special.m4.in"

Yes you have reason, and yes it works! Now I have lots of warnings again...
the -Wall switch is not eaten any more! :-)

OK. So my C project is fixed.
Er... I also have a mixed C and C++ project (created as C++ project
with kdevelop). I modified my configure.in like this:

	AC_CHECK_COMPILERS
	CFLAGS="$NOOPT_CFLAGS -O1"
	CXXFLAGS="$NOOPT_CXXFLAGS -O1"

and again, it SEEMS :-) to work.
Are there more hidden subtilties, or is it ok?

Thank you! :-)
Franco
e-mail: fda at ied.unipr.it