-O1 instead of -O2

W. Tasin tasin at fhm.edu
Fri Jan 4 13:00:24 GMT 2002

Franco De Angelis wrote:

>Hello,
>
>how do I do so that the release package that I obtain from my application
>("make dist"), uses -O1 for compiling, instead of -O2 ?
>
>The compiler settings (under Project -> Options -> Compiler Options) only
>affect what happens when compiling from inside kdevelop, but whatever I do,
>the resulting release package still uses -O2 to compile.
>How do I change this?
>
>I've already asked this two weeks ago, but got no answers; does this mean
>that there is no solution? Should I send in a bug report?
>
>Thank you in advance for any hint

Hello Franco,

you have to modify your configure.in.in file.
You should insert the following line (aasuming you are talking of c++
project and not c-project):

CXXFLAGS="$NOOPT_CXXFLAGS -O1"

The position where you would changes this flag depends on your project
type, there are two possibilities.
On kde project you would have a configure.in.in like:
---------
#MIN_CONFIG

AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([name],0.1)

CXXFLAGS="$NOOPT_CXXFLAGS -O1"
---------

on the others you have to insert this line after the AC_CHECK_COMPILERS
call.

N.B. after this modification you should call
"Project->Autoconf/Automake" and "Project->Configure" and last but not
least "Rebuild all"

>Franco
>P.S. The problem is the same with both kdevelop 2.0 and 2.1beta
>--
>e-mail: fda at ied.unipr.it

Ciao

Walter

--
oohhh sveglia.... il mondo e' ammalato, ma x colpa di chi.........
(Zucchero)