how to apply Design Pattern [Command] in Qt/KDE?

=?us-ascii?Q?=22Jos=E9_Carlos_Gonz=E1lez=22?= jcgonzalez at gmv.es
Tue Feb 26 07:33:44 GMT 2002

Dung Patrick escribió:

> I have read:
>
> 1.
> Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software", by Erich
> Gamma, Richard Helm, Ralph
> 2.
> Java Design Patterns A Tutorial by James. W Cooper
>
> Both books talked about many useful design pattern. But I want to apply
> the design pattern in Qt (Command Pattern) but cannot get any hints. For
> Java, it has a ActionLisntener to call the execute method. How to do this
> with the signal and slot in Qt?

In principle, if you have read the first book, you have everything
you need to build a class set following any given pattern.

AFAIK, Design Patterns are not skeletons of code: they are mainly
scenarios or models of behavior that appear to be useful in certain
situations. Many of them can be modeled as a first approx. using a
given skeleton of code, and many times this will suffice.  But the
idea behind them is more "abstract".

My 0.02 €

--
J C Gonzalez
GMV S.A. - Global Navigation Satellite Systems Division
Tel.:+34 918072133 - Fax:+34 918072199 - jcgonzalez at gmv.es