No subject

George W. Kyniston gkyniston at localhost.localdomain
Thu Feb 21 19:53:34 GMT 2002

This must be a bug that is not new.  I get the infamous signal 11 crash which
says nothing more than something to the effect that "This generally means a
bug in the app". Well DAH.
	It happened the very first time I used the KDevelop version that ships and
installs with Mandrake Linux 8.1.  I used the wizard to create an app shell
using the Gnome template.  Ran and compiled once, then it crashed.  Rebooted
,closed and reopened the app multiple times and everytime I try to do
anything being opening it.......Crash.  Really frustrating when this happens
with such a basic operation and the first time you use the app.  KDevelop
looks to be a great c/c++ IDE and I know that you guys work hard for little
of nothing to create this entire KDE environment.  But I am met with this
Signal 11 crash often with other apps in the KDE environment.  In fact, I
hate to say that I see it more with this than I have ever seen Windows crash.
 ANd that is a lot.  In fact the infamous blue screen among other things
about Microsoft is one of the reasons I moved to linux and opensource.
However, I hardly have the time to deal with crash after crash in the first
30 seconds of use.  It is clearly evident that KDE is hardly the stable
replacement for windows I had hoped for.  And I can clearly see why Bill
isn't worried.  Maybe Gnome has got a handle on things.  Hope you guys get it
right someday.