kdevelop 2.0 bug?

Mark Gooch mark at Laptop2.cjcore.com
Tue Feb 12 16:18:31 GMT 2002

Projects created with the wizard don't compile unless I switch off all
documentation. During project compilation, kdevelop doesn't recognise any of
the XML tags (or variables, or whatever they are called) in the documentation
files. I believe this may be related to bug #31773.

The wizard gives a single error message as it creates the project:
> kdoc: Can't read library
/usr/share/doc/kdelibs-devel-2/kdoc-reference/libkmid.kdoc.gz/libkmid.kdoc

The file libkmid.kdoc.gz does exist. It is a zipped tar file, not a directory
(of course!)

I created a project - 'test1'.When I compile the project (immediately after
the wizard has created it), I get a series of error messages along the lines
of:

/usr/bin/meinproc --check --cache index.cache.bz2 ./index.docbook
index.docbook:82: error: Entity 'test1' not defined
&test1; is an application specially designed to do nothing you would
       ^
index.docbook:119: error: Entity 'kapp' not defined
&kapp; is a program that lets you do absolutely nothing. Please report
      ^
index.docbook:137: error: Entity 'kapp' not defined
<screeninfo>Here's a screenshot of &kapp;</screeninfo>
                                         ^
index.docbook:169: error: Entity 'test1' not defined
the &test1; main window. It's not a bug, it's a feature!
           ^
index.docbook:220: error: Entity 'kapp' not defined
                                             ^
index.docbook:238: error: Entity 'test1' not defined
Programming &test1; plugins is a joy to behold. Just read through the next
                   ^