Printing using Enscript

Paul Jewell paul at teulu.net
Sun Feb 10 08:31:40 GMT 2002

Good morning all,

I have posted about this once a few weeks back, but judging by the response I
am in a in a minority of one with this problem!

I would like to print source code out using a fixed font, as shown on screen,
but so far I have been unable. If I click the print button on the toolbar,
the printout is converted from a fixed font to a proportional font, with all
the problems that introduces. It doesn't make any difference whether I
preview or not.

If I add the enscript filter, I get an error message:
--------------

A Print error occured. Error message received from system:

Error while filtering. Command was: enscript -M A4 -E -p %out %in

-------------

I am using a standard SuSE 7.3 installation, configured for CUPS printing,
and KDevelop 2.0.2. I have configured my system to use anti-aliased Truetype
fonts, but the problem exists both in the current configuration and in the
non-anti-aliased configuration. I recognise that this problem may have
nothing to do with kdevelop, but I am hoping that someone else would have
come across it in the same way I did.

Note: If I type "lpr test.h" from the konsole, I get what I am looking for.

Since I know that some of the developers of kdevelop read these messages, may
I take the opportunity to congratulate you on an excellent piece of software!

Rgds.,
Paul Jewell