still library problems

Karsten Römke Biermann-Roemke at t-online.de
Thu Feb 7 14:46:53 GMT 2002

Hello again!
Maybe my last question was not exact enough.
I tried to reduce the problem to a simple test environment to see
if I make a fault, which I don't see.
Actually I have the following directory tree:

            try-c

             test
             /   \
          test   dummy

In test: main.cpp
in dummy: dummy.cpp und dummy.h

In dummy.cpp I have just one function, which is declared in dummy.h

I started with a new project and inserted the existing files into
my project. I began with main.cpp -> success
I added dummy.cpp and dummy.h -> error message:

gmake[3]: Entering directory `/home/roemke/test/test'
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..     -O0 -g3 -Wall    -c main.cpp
gmake[3]: *** No rule to make target `dummy/libdummy.a', needed by
`test'.  Stop.
gmake[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I found no documentation on building libraries (kdevelop user manual and
kdevelop
programming handbook)!?

That's the situation, I have 3 questions:

1.) How can I correct the error?
2.) If I remove dummy.cpp and dummy.h from the project, I get the same
error.
     Why?
3.) The real situation: I have two classes internetsocket and
internetserver. I want to use them from different projects without
having several copies circling around because kdevelop likes to copy the
files. I'm sure, that I will end in a big mess, not knowing
which is the actual source-code.

A little frustrated

	Karsten

ps: using kdevelop 2.0.2