Debugging into qt

Michael Schuerig schuerig at acm.org
Tue Dec 24 11:22:13 GMT 2002

I'm trying to track down a bug in an app (Bookcase) that causes a
segfault deep inside QMainWindow::show(). For this purpose I have build
qt (3.0.5) with the -debug configure option added (to the usual options
used to build the debian package). I've opened qmainwindow.cpp in
KDevelop (2.1.3) and set a breakpoint inside show().

Now I can step through the main program, of course. But stepping into
show() doesn't work and the breakpoint is ignored, too. I haven't tried
this before, so I may be missing something entirely trivial.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                  If at first you don't succeed...
mailto:schuerig at acm.org           try, try again.