Basic compile problem - almost solved

Phil phil at spiderweb.com.au
Sun Aug 25 18:41:30 BST 2002

On Sun, 25 Aug 2002 12:12, you wrote:
> Hello all,

<cut>
> gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp0': No such file or directory
>
> What could be missing? I have gcc 2.96 and I want to install kdevelop
> again.

The problem was that I had versions 2.96 and 3.0 installed. I deleted 2.96.

Now I have another problem that is probably just as easy to solve. I'm trying
to compile kdevelop 2.1.2 for KDE 2.2.2.

checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 2.2.2) (libraries) not found.
Please check your installation!

I have version 2.3.1 of libqt and libqt -devel stored in the usual place,
/usr/lib/qt2. And I tried "./configure with-qt-dir=/usr/lib/qt2". So I
suppose that I have the wrong version of qt.

What have I overlooked?

--
Regards,
Phil