Basic compile problem

Phil phil at spiderweb.com.au
Sun Aug 25 12:12:31 BST 2002

Hello all,

I know that this is a basic question but for the moment I can't seem to find
an answer. This problem has occurred after a disaster with a netscape
installation which resulted in Mandrake 8.2 having to be reinstalled.

Now I can't compile anything. For example this is the error message when
trying to compile a simple 4 line program:

[phil at localhost tmp]$ gcc hello.cc
gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp0': No such file or directory

What could be missing? I have gcc 2.96 and I want to install kdevelop again.

--
Regards,
Phil
phil at spiderweb.com.au