ANNOUNCE: KDevelop 2.1.3 out now!

Harald Fernengel harry at kdevelop.org
Tue Aug 20 13:52:22 BST 2002

ANNOUNCE: KDevelop 2.1.3 out now!

From:
"Harald Fernengel" <harry at kdevelop.org>

To:
kdevelop at kdevelop.org
kdevelop-devel at kdevelop.org

Date:
08-20-2002 12:22

Hi,

(This is an announcement for all who are not
subscribed to the other KDE mailing-lists:)

The KDevelop team is proud to present KDevelop 2.1.3
This version has been released as part of the KDE 3.0.3
release!

KDE 3.0.3 announcement and press release
http://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-3.0.3.html

Licence
=======
See
http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=license.html

screenshots
===========
http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=screenshots1.html
http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=screenshots2.html
http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=screenshots3.html

download
========
Binary packages:
   http://download.at.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.0.3/Mandrake
   http://download.at.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.0.3/RedHat
   http://download.at.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.0.3/SuSE

   other distributions still missing, please check
   http://download.at.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.0.3/

Source (tar.bz2):

http://download.at.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.0.3/src/kdevelop-2.1.3_for_KDE_3.0.tar.bz2

Ftp mirrors:
   http://www.kde.org/ftpmirrors.html

Compiling from CVS sources
==========================
See
   http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=download.html

Changes from 2.1.2 to 2.1.3
===========================
- considers also new behaviour of Qt version 3.0.5. (proper text formatting in
output view)
- some memory leaks fixed
- TabPage user interface mode got a close button (stable backport from HEAD)
- again improved editor indention
- compile fixes for FreeBSD
- some Debian-specific updates
- FYI: 'Add files to project' doesn't hang anymore because of a fix in the
latest kdelibs:kdecore library

Notes
=====
1) Used cvs branch for this release is KDE_2_2_BRANCH
2) Please use a recent Qt version, preferably 3.0.5
3) If you like to join the KDevelop developers, don't
    hesitate to contact us at kdevelop-devel at kdevelop.org!
4) This is likely the last KDevelop-2.x.x version. Really.
5) There aren't binary packages for KDE-2.2 yet because
    the distributors don't provide them anymore. Please,
    help and send us your self-created binary rpms! We
    will put them on the KDevelop web site.

Current CVS version
KDE_2_2_BRANCH is closed now.
Now we are heading towards KDE-3-only version KDevelop
3.0. Feel free to try cvs HEAD to see what's going on there.

Have fun,
Harald Fernengel (on behalf of the whole KDevelop team)