how to specify different compile options for different files???

Markus Wagner magnus at gmx.de
Mon Aug 19 18:17:35 BST 2002

Hi,

I want to use multiple scanners/parsers in my source code, using flex and
bison. Since most of the symbols are declared as public (not static), I get
linker problems.

I think I cannot force flex/bison to declare the generated functions as
static. So I'll have to rename the symbols using the appropriate options for
flex/yacc (e. g. -P in flex).

How can I do this? If I have to do it in the Makefiles, where do I have to put
it (Makefile.am?) and how can I "inherit" global flags, such as AM_YFLAGS?

<wish>
Isn't there something like AM_YFLAGS=-rename%sourcefile_parser.c?
</wish>

Thanks for any help,
Markus