SIGSEGV when selecting "Build->Autoconf and automake"

Pieter Grimmerink p.grimmerink at home.nl
Thu Aug 1 19:15:05 BST 2002

I've upgraded my Suse 7.2 installation to KDE3, using the rpms provided by
SuSE for this purpose.

So I'm running KDevelop 2.1.2 on KDE 3.0.2.

I quickly realised I had to update my autoconf and automake, which I did;

autoconf 2.52, also tried 2.53
automake 1.5, also tried 1.6

Now I can create a new project, and compile it. But as soon as I select
"Autoconf and automake" from the "Build" menu, KDevelop crashes with
a SIGSEGV.

The same happens when I create a subfolder in a project, and add a class /
file to it.
KDevelop asks me about the library type: static / shared, the choice does
not matter in fact, KDevelop tells me it will regenerate all makefiles,
and again a crash (SIGSEGV).

Regards,

Pieter