KCrash: crashing....

Andrej Trobentar andrej.trobentar at rikom.si
Tue Apr 23 13:23:58 BST 2002

Falk Brettschneider wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Andrej Trobentar wrote:
>  > [...]
>
> Everything looks OK to me. Really strange, it doesn't happen on all
> other machines I know, neither we have such reports from other users. I
> suppose we can't help you from remote. Please, try to debug the problem
> by yourself. You need the debug version of kdevelop and libkdeui.so.
> KDevelop's internal debugger is  a good choice. ;-)
>
> Ciao
> F at lk
>
> P.S.: Also try the whole thing as "normal" user, not root. Maybe this
> could also be the reason for your problems although it should work in my
> opinion.

OK. First of all thanks for your support!

The second thing. I'm not such a good programer to debug Kdevelop myself
=). And because of that I have now installed KDE 3.0 from RPMs
(kdevelop-2.1-1, kdelibs-3.0.0-4, kdelibs-devel-3.0.0-4 and qt-3.0.5*)
and again I get some errors =(. When starting Kdevelop I get :

[root at tina kde-3.0RedHat]# kdevelop
DCOPServer up and running.
kdeinit: kbuildsycoca --incremental --checkstamps: error while loading
shared libraries: /usr/lib/kbuildsycoca.so: undefined symbol:
__dynamic_cast_2
kdevelop-2.1: error while loading shared libraries:
/usr/lib/kde3/plugins//styles/highcolor.so: undefined symbol:
__dynamic_cast_2
[root at tina kde-3.0RedHat]# Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
kdeinit: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdeinit: sending SIGHUP to children.
kdeinit: sending SIGTERM to children.
kdeinit: Exit.

and gdb saz that :

[root at tina /]# gdb /usr/bin/kdevelop-2.1
GNU gdb 5.0
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu"...(no debugging symbols
found)...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/bin/kdevelop-2.1
[New Thread 1024 (LWP 1920)]
DCOPServer up and running.
kdeinit: kbuildsycoca --incremental --checkstamps: error while loading
shared libraries: /usr/lib/kbuildsycoca.so: undefined symbol: __dyna
mic_cast_2
kdevelop-2.1: error while loading shared libraries:
/usr/lib/kde3/plugins//styles/highcolor.so: undefined symbol:
__dynamic_cast_2

Program exited with code 0177.
(gdb) bt
No stack.
(gdb) kdeinit: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdeinit: sending SIGHUP to children.
Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
kdeinit: sending SIGTERM to children.
kdeinit: Exit.
(gdb)

I have installed all packages with -Uvh option and satisfied all
dependencies.
I have downloaded the RPMS for RH. What am I doin this time wrong? =)

Thanks again and please help =)

	Andrej.