compiling the QT tutorial using autoconf/automake

Girard Henri henrigirard at yahoo.fr
Mon Apr 22 19:22:51 BST 2002

 Hi :)
Build a mini kde project in kdevelop and copy and paste main.cpp (delete the previous data first)  name.cpp (of the apps) and name.h from the app too... then configure and compile and you should get it done ! that's how I do with the QT examples.
Hope it helps you :)
Regards,
Henri
  Marcel Janssen <korgull at home.nl> a écrit : Hi,

Perhaps this is a little bit off-topic, but I guess there's a good chance that
someone on this list can help me.

I'm trying to compile the examples in the QT-tutorial (QT3). Since I needed a
makefile for chapter 7 (and on), I'm trying to use autoconf/automake to get
the makefiles. btw, I found there's an empty makefile with the tutorial.

Since I'm not familiar with these tools, I have done some reading and managed
to get makefiles generated for small programs (famous hello_world etc..).
The problem I have started when I tried to compile the QT tutorial, because it
needs QTLIBS.
I don't know how I should build a check for QT in configure.in/makefile.am and
have my configure script working well.

Help is very much appreciated.

regards,
Marcel Janssen