compiling the QT tutorial using autoconf/automake

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Mon Apr 22 18:57:05 BST 2002

Hi,

Perhaps this is a little bit off-topic, but I guess there's a good chance that
someone on this list can help me.

I'm trying to compile the examples in the QT-tutorial (QT3). Since I needed a
makefile for chapter 7 (and on), I'm trying to use autoconf/automake to get
the makefiles. btw, I found there's an empty makefile with the tutorial.

Since I'm not familiar with these tools, I have done some reading and managed
to get makefiles generated for small programs (famous hello_world etc..).
The problem I have started when I tried to compile the QT tutorial, because it
needs QTLIBS.
I don't know how I should build a check for QT in configure.in/makefile.am and
have my configure script working well.

Help is very much appreciated.

regards,
Marcel Janssen