Bug: Curser disappears when switching into Kdevelop

Roland Pabel pabel at tabu.uni-bonn.de
Thu Apr 18 00:01:58 BST 2002

On Wednesday 17 April 2002 23:51, Falk Brettschneider wrote:
> Roland Pabel wrote:
> >My cursor *always* disappears when
> >switching files with the "Groups" tab in the Tree-Tool-View, although I
> >left-click in the editor view (directly after choosing a file).
>
> This behaviour is right because the editor must lose the focus when you
> activate a tree tool-view. How else could you get keyboard control for
> navigating in the trees? In KDevelop-2.0 it was a bug, you never get the
> chance to navigate through the tree with the cursor keys.
Then I'm not quite sure if I understand the problem correctly. After selecting
a file, what happens is, that the editor has the focus after I left-click in
the text, and I can type, scroll, do anything - I just don't get a cursor (I
can see the underscore "_" (for closing parentheses), though, but not the
actual cursor).
Should this really be correct behaviour ? (just curious :-)
The right-click trick brings back the cursor, or clicking in the
konsole...just found another way: moving the mouse out of the KDevelop window
onto the desktop and back in also does the trick...
cu
Roland
--
ICQ UIN 49339118			Linux Counter #88774