Userdefined directories in K-develop

Christer Sandberg christer.sandberg at mdh.se
Tue Apr 16 13:59:11 BST 2002

I have just joined a C++ development project. The project already uses CVS
for version handling. The problem is that the directory tree in CVS does not
match the structure prefered by K-develop (it is
projowner/CVSROOT/projname/src/xxx where xxx is the different source
directories, there are no source files directly in the src directory).

Obviously there is no way to get CVS in K-develop work with this in
combination with proper generation of makefiles - I have given up that idea.
Actually it is nearly as good using a terminal for the CVS.

However I would highly appreciate to be able to use the build tools in
K-devlop, and in particular the integrated debugging facility, and this
without too much effort on editing makefiles ( I am supposed to produce
things pretty soon and I have already burned some working days on Linux, to
which I am a newbe). I have read about makefiles, and understand the basic
ideas with dependecies, but I am lost when trying to read the ones generated
by config.

So my question is how get K-develop to do as much as possible keeping our
original directory tree. If I have to create all my makefiles manually (or
some of them), what must they contain to bring K-develop to understand them
when I select "build/make"?

Worth to mention: the project members work on different platforms.

Any ideas are welcome!
Christer