Information on KDE

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sun Sep 30 12:40:24 BST 2001

On Freitag, 28. September 2001 20:56, you wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to ask if it is possible to install KDE desktop and Kdevelop
> (the latest version) on a SCO Open Server machine.
Hi Nicholas,

unfortunately that is not possible. KDE 2 isn't ported to SCO OpenServer nor
UnixWare7. I worked on that for a couple of month but the fact that OpenUNIX
8 is completely binary compatible to Linux made this somehow obsolete. If you
want to stick with SCO products you should have a look at OpenUNIX 8 on the
Caldera website.

The last version that is available for OpenServer seems to be KDE 1.1.2 and
KDevelop 1.3 I think.

Ralf