qt-designer

Anno v.Heimburg anno at vonheimburg.de
Sat Sep 29 23:50:24 BST 2001

Am Sunday 30 September 2001 00:28 schrieben Sie:
> Hello all, I have a quick question, when I want to add a dialog box to
> my projct, I click on the menu item File->new and select the qt
> designer file (*.ui) and click OK, but then I am presented with KDE's
> "open with dialog box" and the problem is, I can't find qt-designer
> anywhere. does anyone know whats happening here

qt designer is usually located in /usr/lib/qt2/bin (or whereever your qt is,
you get the idea). The executable is called designer. If entering "designer"
in the commend line returns a file name unkown, there are two possible
reasons:

(1) Your path doesn't include the bin directory of qt. That is
unlikely if you can run the moc w/out problems, that is if you can compile a
qt app. However, check for it and if that's the reason, correct it (by a
symlink into a dir wich is in the path, or adding the qt bin directory to
your path (recommended)).

(2) You don't _have_ qt designer. If you compiled qt from sources, that
should not be the case. If you installed the rpms, the reason might be
exactly that. SuSE for example splits qt up in three rpms: qt (the lib),
qt-devel (the includes, moc and stuff) and qt-designer (guess what). So it
might be that although you have qt and it's includes, you don't have designer.

HTH,

Anno.
Please send all spam to null at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
http://www.vonheimburg.de