Award for KDevelop

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sat Oct 20 10:48:53 BST 2001

Hi guys,

back from Munich, Germany, I want to share with you that we got the Linux New
Media award for the best development software category for KDevelop, whooohoo
:))

The award was given on thursday at 5 pm at the Systems Computer expo in
Munich with a large KDE crowd accompaying us as KDE at the same time won the
award for the best client-side software for Konqueror, which was taken by
Martin Konold on that behalf. Overall the expo, we had a quite large booth
compared to last year (not like on LinuxTag but we weren't able to influence
that much) with very much interest of visitors for the development tools as
well as printing with KDE. Next week the dot will probably run a story on
that as soon as pictures can be provided.

The award was accompanied by a 3000,- DM donation (~$1400). I asked Martin
Konold to take the check with him to put the money on the bank account of the
KDE e.V. to meet everyones interest, but we're free to do with the money what
we want. Due to the current financial situation everywhere, I suggest that we
leave the money on the behalf of KDE for the time and use it either on a
KDE/KDevelop meeting to refund travel expenses and such or for developers
among us who are in need of new hardware in case of hardware failures or if
you're running a 486 machine still - then you should feel free to speak up so
we can help you out with some funding like we did already with the help of
Lineo sponsoring us with money for machines. To the guys on the kdevelop list
who are using kdevelop and want to help us and KDE, feel free to give
donations to the KDE e.V. here:

http://www.kde.org/helping.html#money

Thanks for your attention and your good work!

Ralf

unsubscribe ğyour-email-addressĞ