FWD: Undeliverable Mail

Rodrigo Alexandre Ribeiro Canellas rcanellas at eversystems.com.br
Mon Oct 8 14:51:43 BST 2001

Dear Sir,

I am tryimg to use kdevelop but I am receiving SIGSEV error as I start the application.

Here go some information:

1 - I am using Concetiva Linux, version 7.0, with kernel 2.4.5.

2 - I am using WindowMaker, but the error also occurs in KDE.

3 - 'rpm -qi kdevelop' tells me this:

Name        : kdevelop                     Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version     : 1.41                              Vendor: Conectiva
Release     : 3cl                           Build Date: Seg 30 Abr 2001 23:08:45 BRT
Install date: Sex 05 Out 2001 16:26:09 BRT      Build Host: mapi2.distro.conectiva
Group       : Desenvolvimento               Source RPM: kdevelop-1.41-3cl.src.rpm
Size        : 3577167                          License: GPL
URL         : http://www.kdevelop.org/
Summary     : Ambiente Integrado de Desenvolvimento para o KDE
Description :
KDevelop é um IDE (ou Ambiente Integrado de Desenvolvimento) para o KDE.

4 - Some translations:
   'Sex' means 'Friday'
   'Out' means 'October'

5 - Here it is what appears in xterm when I start kdevelop:

[rcanellas at look rcanellas]$ kdevelop
Xlib:  extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0".
DCOPServer up and running.
QGList::locate: Index -1 out of range
KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = kdevelop path = <unknown>
Xlib:  extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0".
[1]+  Morto                   synaptic
[rcanellas at look rcanellas]$ kdeinit: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdeinit: sending SIGHUP to children.
kdeinit: sending SIGTERM to children.
kdeinit: Exit.

I hope someone can help me!