Urgent help needed: How to import an project

Anno v.Heimburg anno at vonheimburg.de
Sat Oct 6 16:13:49 BST 2001

Am Saturday 06 October 2001 16:56 schrieben Sie:
> Hi.
> I'm giving a presentation next week, where I will talk about KDevelop, but
> I have some problems getting started.
>
> The point is that I want to import an existing project into KDevelop. The
> project consists of a number of C++ files and header files, and is compiled
> using a Makefile.
>
> How do I get around importing this into KDevelop without creating a
> Makefile.am first, and without KDevelop copies all the files to a new
> directory?

In kdevelop, do project->generate project file. Select the directory your
existing project is in. kdevelop will create an appropriate project file in
that directory. After that you can open the project by doing project->open
project and choosing the project file you just created.

Greets,

Anno.
Please send all spam to null at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
http://www.vonheimburg.de