Missing makefile to generate configure script

Christian Rössel roessel at zpr.uni-koeln.de
Thu Nov 29 11:24:43 GMT 2001

Am Donnerstag, 22. November 2001 20:28 schrieb Sandy Meier:
> Makefiles,Makefiles.in and  "configure" are generated by
> "make -f Makefile.cvs";"./configure" so please do not add it
> to the CVS.

I can generate the Makefiles and configure within KDevelop, but
not with "make -f Makefile.cvs", because there is no
Makefile.cvs. Where does it come from? (I created a new cvs-c++
project with the wizard, but a Makefile.cvs was not created
(KDevelop2.0.1)).

Suggestion: skip automake during project creation:
If you create a project with remote cvs-access as in the manual,
you have to remove the "non-cvs"-files before importing to the
repository. This is because KDevelop runs automake as last step
of the project creation. With make maintainer-clean you can
remove most of the non-cvs-files, but not all:

aclocal.m4
configure
config.h.in
acinclude.m4
stamp-h.in

are still there. Wouldn't it be better skip the automake during
project creation to get a "valid" cvs-import?

Thanks!
  Christian
--
Christian Rössel   <roessel at zpr.uni-koeln.de>
Zentrum für Angewandte Informatik Köln (ZAIK)