Request for improvement.

Werner Modenbach modenbach at alc.de
Mon Nov 12 07:19:20 GMT 2001

On Dienstag, 6. November 2001 17:03 gigafalk at yahoo.com wrote / Am Dienstag,
6. November 2001 17:03 schrieb gigafalk at yahoo.com:
> Hi,
>
> Werner Modenbach wrote:
> > When compiling projects in kdevelop I frequently get the situation of
> > having misspelled a variable name or consts. etc.
> > The message view shows the compiler output and uses red coloured lines
> > for error marking. Clicking on the line brings me to the source location
> > of the error. EXCELLENT so far!
> > Unfortunately when going the the place where the variable is defined,
> > marking it, doing a control-C and clicking on the message views line
> > again to get back to the error location doesn't work bacause my paste
> > buffer doesn't hold my copy any more.
> > Is it possible for a future version to keep the paste buffer when
> > clicking the message view.
>
> Hehehe...it's a feature that every single editor view has got its own
> copy/paste clipboard.
> Often it's cooler than having only one clipboard.
>
> One should make it configurable (tm).

Sorry Falk, it was really a request - nothing more.
My question is: Is it necessary when clicking in the output view to get to
the sourceline of error to put this reference in the paste buffer?
I think it might be possible to do this by signal/slot mechanisme and keep
the paste buffer.

- Werner -

                    ALC Computertechnik GmbH

        \_       \_          \_\_\_     Kaiserstr. 100
       \_\_      \_        \_           D-52134 Herzogenrath
      \_  \_     \_        \_           Germany
     \_\_\_\_    \_        \_           Fon +49 2407 95810
    \_      \_   \_        \_           Fax +49 2407 958139
   Werner Modenbach                     modenbach at alc.de