little problem with qt libs...

Dieter Mummenschanz mummenschanz at gmx.net
Tue Nov 6 19:13:25 GMT 2001

> So this is a linking problem. This means that either the symbolic link of
> /usr/lib/qt2/lib/libqt.so points to an old version or the lib itself is
> "broken".
> Please verify with "ls -l /usr/lib/qt2/lib/libqt.so" to which
> library the link is pointing and if this is the correct/expected version.

The link is set to /usr/lib/qt2/lib/libqt.so.2.3.1. I believe that is
correct so maybe the lib is broken.

> It might be interesting to recompile libqt yourself (after a make clean).
> The recommended configure parameters from README.qt-copy are
> ./configure -sm -gif -system-jpeg -no-opengl -kde -no-g++-exceptions -xft
> where -xft if for anti-aliasing support if you have XFree-4.0.x.
> Which version of gcc are you using? I am not an expert regarding
> compilers,
> but this information might be interesting for others to help you.

I´m using the gcc 3.0.2 on a SuSE 7.2,  maybe this causes the problem since
gcc 3.0.x has compatibility issues with some parts of KDE?

Can I recompile the qt libs w/o breaking KDE functionality? I did this once
and KDE didn´t start anymore 8(

Dieter

http://www.gmx.net