Bug: Editor corrupts DOS-format files

Steve McAndrewSmith steve at finagle.org
Fri Nov 2 16:53:48 GMT 2001

I've noticed this subtle (but annoying!) bug over the past several months,
(I'm currently using KDevelop 2.0.1 and KDE 2.2.1, and it's still present).

The problem is that when opening files in DOS format (i.e. CR/LF-terminated
lines), KDevelop will randomly insert blank lines (i.e. '\r\n' -> '\n\n'
instead of just '\n').  This appears to happen every 150 lines, or so, with
quasi-random location (and not at all, on shorter files).

Since we've found a way to store the files in UNIX format, this isn't a
problem, but I thought I'd let you know anyway ...

Steve McAndrewsmith                             Drummer / Hacker / Minor Deity