documentation location poll

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Tue May 29 10:39:33 BST 2001

On Mon, 28 May 2001, Sandy Meier wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 27. Mai 2001 12:13 schrieben Sie:
> > I've added tables of contents for the Python, Perl and PHP
> > documentation to the HEAD branch now. The location of
> > these books is detected via autoconf checks.
>
> I think it would be a better solution to search the documentation at runtime
> and not hardcode it into the binary or? Than we need only 1 binary on all
> distributions (theoretical :-)) .

Well, the binary is not concerned, only the toc and index files in
doc/3rdparty. In the long run, I hope most documentation will be
distributed with omf files with tocs and indices (see
scrollkeeper.sf.net), so we can use that. But I think this will
need some time.

BTW, do you know where I can get the docbook sources for the
PHP manual? I haven't found it anywhere.

Bernd.