Best KDE development tools... help... Borland Kylix?

ISmith ione at funmo.com
Sat May 26 21:07:03 BST 2001

Richard, I'm not saying that there is no point in developing a Java Qt/KDE
api. If anything I'm really asking HOW people are developing for KDE and
GNOME and WHAT tools they are using, and perhaps WHY they've chosen to go
the route they are. For example, WHY Java for you wth regard to KDE? What is
making it easier/better/faster/etc that makes you chose it? If you are
developing Qt/KDE apps with Java, could you point me in the right direction
as to what tools you are using and what bindings, etc.? Even beyond that,
what are the best bindings/apis outside of C/C++ for KDE and GNOME
development?

I'm amazed at the dedication of the people involved in these great projects,
and every time I boot up my Linux boxes I marvel at how powerful they are
because of developers like you spending the time to improve them. As a
developer myself (although new to KDE and GNOME development) I know what
goes into these projects and I support some of them by buying commercial
distributions and promoting them among my colleagues.--Ian

kdevelop-request at kdevelop.org with the following body: