Best KDE development tools... help... Borland Kylix?

Jonathan Hunt jhuntnz at users.sf.net
Sat May 26 04:20:21 BST 2001

On Saturday 26 May 2001 05:16, you wrote:
> Luzi,
>
> I have to correct a couple of your statements in defense of Borland...
>
> Kylix does not run under WINE. They used some of WineLib to help port their
> packages. However, it is a native executable. There is no emulation
> involved.
>
> Kylix used to be expensive, but Borland just yesterday I believe cut the
> price of the desktop version to $199 US. You can purchase it at
> http://shop.borland.com/Product/0,1057,3-15-CQ100479,00.html. I'm ordering
> my copy tonight.

Ahem, a excuse me. Kdevelop is free and Kylix now costs ONLY $199 I don't
know about you but I consider $199 EXPENSIVE when I can get a very good IDE
for free.

--
Jonathan Hunt (The Real Jonathan Hunt) <jhuntnz at users.sf.net>
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."