Best KDE development tools... help... Borland Kylix?

Luzius Ambühl ambuehl at amdata.ch
Fri May 25 21:46:58 BST 2001

Hi Ian,

I haven't yet programed with Kylix, but I know the following facts:
-CLX is built around QT.
-Kylix doesn't know anything about special KDE-technologies like DCOP or
widgets
-You can use them if you first write C-wrappers and then import them
-The german linux magazin had a headline 'Die Ruinen von Delphi' (The ruins
of Delphi)
-It's rather slow, cause it runs using wine
-It's pretty expensive

I definitely would go for KDevelop.

bye Luzi

Am Freitag, 25. Mai 2001 21.57 schrieben Sie: